Pre-service Teacher- POD Model For Learning Children’s Aid Society, Grades 10-12, including Adult HS, focus on youth age 14-19
- Gathered information from multiple sources in an effort to understand student educational needs by responding to emails and telephone calls from social workers, child and youth workers, caregivers, foster parents, and students.
- Updated required logs and student documentation to keep records accurate and current.
- Taught and engaged youth in care from the ages of 14-18, via Microsoft Teams by integrating a multi-modal teaching strategy.
- Developed student confidence through attentive instruction in math, study skills, language arts and geography.
- Engaged youth who have experienced trauma through relationship building, positive reinforcement, empathy, and humor.
- Participated in strategic planning to improve delivery of the POD Model for Learning.
Pre-service Teacher -Grade 7 General Studies Henry Munro Middle School, OCDSB
- Created safe inclusive and engaging learning environments for groups of up to 24 diverse grade 7 students with various learning styles.
- Prepared daily lesson plans for hands on activities using backwards design principles.
- Prepared instruction materials including copying, grading work, and setting up work areas.
- Taught language arts, social studies, art, and drama as part of general studies classroom.
- Used tests, quizzes and other assignments to gauge students’ learning and determine understanding of course materials.
ESL Teachers葛洛莉英語平鎮校 Gloria English School Taoyuan, Taiwan
2008 – 2009
- Instructed classes of up to 15 students with multiple learning abilities from the ages of 5 to 16.
- Prepared students for ESL standardized testing.
- Delivered school specific ESL curriculum in a culturally responsive manner.
- Communicated with administrators and parents to convey individual student progress.
- Documented student attendance and progress against goals.
Bachelor of Education Teachable in History, Expected in 06/2021, University of Ottawa – Ottawa, ON
Certificate of Online Course Design and Delivery: 08/2020, Algonquin College – Ottawa, Ontario
Professional Floral Design Diploma: Professional Floral Design, 08/2002 Boerma Instituut International Floral Design School Holland – Aalsmeer, NH
Bachelor of Arts Sociology and Social Anthropology: 06/2001, Dalhousie University – Halifax, NS